Looking to get involved at Revved Up? Browse the opportunities below to find out more about how you can be a part of our team.
Volunteer opportunities are open towards any students from Queen’s University and the surrounding post-secondary institutions.
- As a Revved Up Volunteer, you will provide assistance, support and training tips to participants as they move towards their program goals.
- Volunteering with Revved Up prepares volunteers to be knowledgeable, confident and skillful ambassadors for promoting and delivering exercise to special populations.
All volunteers are required to complete at three (3) hour training session and volunteer positions are offered on an ‘as-needed’ basis which is subject to change. If we are not currently accepting volunteers, your application will be kept on file for future opportunities. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Certificate in Disability and Physical Activity (DIPA)
The Certificate in Disability and Physical Activity is offered through a collaboration between the School of Kinesiology and Health Studies and Revved Up.
Students learn about and participate in community-based programming for persons with disabilities. Students in the certificate program will get an opportunity to work closely with persons from a variety of special populations. If you are considering a career in healthcare or working with persons with a disability, you will gain valuable experience in addition to academic skills. In addition, students will:
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills
- Develop a deeper understanding of what it means for people to live with a disability/chronic disease
- Develop exercise prescription skills with a focus on considerations for people with a disability, and perform program reassessments on Revved Up participants. (The practical component of the certificate has been designed so that students will achieve 3 of the 6 core competencies necessary to pursue the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology’s Certified Personal Training designation, which students may elect to pursue upon their completion of the certificate program)
Personal Trainer Opportunities
Are you seeking an opportunity where you can apply your knowledge of physical activity prescription?
- As a Revved Up Trainer, you will work with new participants one-on-one to develop individualized exercise programs.
- You will have the opportunity to expand your technical and interpersonal skills for creating and implementing personal exercise programs for special populations and develop new strategies for promoting physical activity throughout your career. Work load will vary depending on program need.
All trainers must be a certified personal trainer. Trainer positions are offered on an ‘as-needed’ basis which is subject to change. If we are not currently accepting trainers, your application will be kept on file for future opportunities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.